Declaration

Today I declare that I am going to see God's favor in a greater way, that new doors are going to begin to open for me, that super natural opportunities are coming my way, that God is setting up divine connections for me, that I am always at the right place at the right time, that I am going to overcome every obstacle and defeat every enemy, that I am going to see every dream and every desire that God has placed into my heart come to pass.

Amen

Dedication

Today, I dedicate my life to truth, love, peace and happiness. To Non injury through thought, word or deed.

Spirit Flight

Spirit Flight

Thursday, March 12, 2015

5 Breads and 2 Fish

have been in the job market for many years now and have gone to many more interviews in the process.  Naturally, I became the go to for interviews prepping for my friends, what questions to expect; and regardless of the job that stereotype question of "Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years" is always to count for. 
It seems that every employer together with every TV Ad are concerned with where will we be in five years, our retirement plan, or our life insurance plan even; And we wonder why anxiety pills are in high demand, can anyone blame or judge, a generation that is being taught everyday that their present was created for their future, that who they are today doesn't matter or at least not quite relevant or enough, it's their future selves that the world is interested in!
While all this is a big hoax, we still take the bait.  We become anxious, greedy, selfish, self centered, self absorbed and addicts to one thing or another. And if we realized this about ourselves and but for the grace of God were shocked and/or disgusted with the version of ourselves that we have become, we only start seeking remedy for the symptom/s not the disease. 
Today, I meditated in the miracle of the Five Breads and Two Fish (Mark 6:41),  and it made me remember another similar miracle in the Old Testament (1 Kings 17: 7 - 16) with Elijah and the widow from Zarepath about the flour and the olive oil, which in turn reminded me of one of my favourite miracles of them all, one that is recognized in many faiths and beliefs; About The Manna and the Quail with Moses and the Israelites (Exodus 16).
I love the three miracles and the story about how God complete our shortcomings and fulfill our needs, but today as I meditated in the three miracles again, I came to realize that the keyword that is the code to deciphering the message told through the three stories in my opinion are in Moses words "No one is to keep any of it until morning" (Ex 16:19) 
The funny part, which we all pretend to be discontent and disgusted with as if our anxious, pill popping selves of today could do any better in the circumstances, they definitely kept for tomorrow, and Voala as the French say, it "was full of maggots and began to smell". 
True our bank savings, and insurance plans don't rotten or smell, but I wonder which parts of us do?! Yet, can we really look someone who is asking us about what insurance/retirement plan is best, or how to SMART measure an answer for the where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years, that the Present is all that matter, and we have and who we are today is quite Enough!
The truth is there two different answers for two different lifestyles with two different life choices governed by totally two different gods.  Yes, I have said it, two different gods.  
I don't mean to offend or wish to shock but for the sake of honesty does the god in whom we seek the answers of "More Now, Bigger Now, Insurance Spare Now, who looks more like the wealthy lawyer in the "Devil's Advocate" movie with the fur coat and a gold chain necklace, who fills your life with models, triple your bank account in a jiff and promote you every other day; resembles in any sense the sandals wearing man who's idea of a mass feeding meal is 5 Breads and 2 fish? Didn't think so!
Today, I rethink both these stories and my life in a different light, I receive the invitation of my God as I understand him to a serene personal relationship telling me that I Matter, My life as it is today is Relevant and both my 5 Breads and 2 Fish and I are enough to satisfy not just one but five thousand more if willing to join!

"Mark 6: 41 - 44"
41Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to his disciples to distribute to the people. He also divided the two fish among them all42They all ate and were satisfied43and the disciples picked up twelve basketful of broken pieces of bread and fish44The number of the men who had eaten was five thousand.

No comments:

Post a Comment